The 'Christian Position'What should be the "Christian position" relative to the carnal engagements of the nations (Iraq, Israel, Syria, etc.)? Our position platform should be this:
- All responsible people of every nation are lost without a comprehensive acknowledgement that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of man from sin (Romans 3:23,26; John 14:6; Acts 4:11-12).
- God loves the whole of humanity in all nations, and he does not wish to see a single soul lost (John 3:16; 1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9).
- Salvation may be accessed only through the divine plan of redemption that is set forth in the New Testament (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38; 22:16; Romans 6:3-4,17; Galatians 3:26-27, etc.).
- Christians have a burning obligation to love all mankind, and to work to the end that people everywhere are exposed to the truth of the gospel of Christ (Mt. 28:18-20; Mk. 16:15-16).
- God can, and will, deliver judgments — both temporal and eternal — against the wicked (Acts 17:26; 2 Corinthians 5:10), consistent with his own program of operation. But man is not privy to the intricacies of his movements.
- All Christians should obey the authorities under which they live — so long as such obligations do not conflict with the revealed will of God (Romans 13:1ff; 1 Peter 2:13ff; Acts 5:29).
- Pray for peace to the end that the cause of Christ may flourish in a tranquil environment (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
- Followers of Christ should trust God in his providential operations, and be confidently comforted by the reality that all things will be worked out for the ultimate good of the eternal plan that the Lord is implementing (Romans 8:28; Ephesians 3:10-11).