Concerning the Accomplishments of the Spasmodic AttendersThe "lukewarm" Christian/'spasmodic attender' accomplishes the following things:
- They frustrate the elders in the obligation they have to feed the flock (Acts 20:28).
- They set a bad example for their children, neighbors, and members of their family who are not Christians.
- They illustrate that the joy of service is not theirs.
- They treat the building up of the local church as though it was nothing at all.
- They prove by action that they have not counted the cost of their discipleship.
- They think that the minimum constitutes faithfulness, disregarding the Lord's teachings on the subject (cf. Luke 17: 10).
- They show his lack of concern for the faithful brethren who "break their necks" to be consistent and faithful in the matter of attendance.
- They parade — for all to see — the price tag they put on the local church, the work of the local church, and the overall influence of the local church.
"Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. The night is far-gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light." (Romans 13:11-12)