Practical Rules for a Happy Married Life
- Never both be angry at once.
- Never talk AT one another, either alone or in company.
- Never speak loudly to one another unless the house is on fire.
- Let each one strive to yield more often to do the wishes of the other.
- Let self-denial be the daily aim and practice of each.
- Never taunt with a past mistake.
- Neglect the whole world rather than one another.
- Never make a remark at the expense of one another.
- Never part for a day without words to think of kindly during absence.
- Never meet without a loving welcome.
- Never let the sun go down on any anger or grievance.
- Never forget the happy hours of early love.
- Never forget that marriage is ordained of God, and that His blessings alone can make it what it ought to be.