College Students & Parents
Do you have a student attending or planning to come to college?
Our goal is to spiritually support your student as they experience college life, some away from home for the first time. As students enter college, they have greater independence, responsibility, and new-found freedom to make their own choices. The Christians at Eastside realize the greatest choice a student can make is whether they will serve the Lord or the world (Joshua 24:15, Matthew 22:37-39).
The local church serves as a haven of refuge against the assaults of Satan (Ephesians 4:14-16). Eastside is devoted to providing a place to worship, work, and grow using the inspired word of God as our source of authority in all we do in our service to Him. All sermons and many of our classes are posted on this website, a great spiritual resource. Eastside is the closest congregation to campus at 1706 Smallhouse Road and individual members can provide transportation when needed.
Opportunities for Growth
We encourage every student to become a member of the Eastside family where they can work, serve and be knit together with fellow Christians (Colossians 2:2). We are blessed to have a large group of students who are dedicated to providing support and encouragement to others.
- Bible studies - Sunday 9:25 and Wednesday at 7:00 pm. There is a planned class each semester, following the university calendar, for college-age students. They are encouraged to attend and participate in these classes which are taught by experienced teachers of God's word.
- Worship services - 10:25 and 5:00 pm on Sunday.
- Monthly Singing - The 3rd Friday night of every month. Christians from surrounding congregations as well as out-of-state join us to sing praises to God.
- Adopt-a-Student - This program encourages greater communication and involvement with the "resident" families and existing students to help bridge the transition from home to college.
- Every Christian is encouraged to develop their talents to serve others. Men are asked to lead in public worship while women are given the opportunity to teach in our Bible class program.
- Individual/small group studies - Various Bible subjects taught by different members of all ages and coordinated by the elders, are available.
- There are Gospel meetings and special series throughout the year that focus on specific needs of the students as well as members of all ages.
Please feel free to contact the elders at firstname.lastname@example.org.